How To Help
The Latchkey League’s mission is to support and provide educational, cultural and recreational services to children in the greater Naples area who are in need of after-school supervision and activities, and to promote educational development for their future.
Currently, the Latchkey League raises funds through a series of events – luncheons and parties – held throughout the year. These funds are then distributed via grants to eligible nonprofit organizations who meet eligibility criteria.
“You have to know your mission. Ours is to help kids.” – Myra Janco Daniels
For a mere $50 per year, membership in the Latchkey League means joining one of the most exciting and rewarding philanthropic groups in Collier County! At nearly 300-strong, our members are passionate about making a difference in the lives of latchkey children.
Our monthly social luncheons include presentations by stimulating speakers who are involved in meaningful capacities with youth in Collier County. Guests are always welcome!
The centerpiece of Latchkey League membership is access to the best social tickets in town: the Latchkey Parties. These provide exciting opportunities to socialize while contributing to the support of Collier County latchkey kids.
For membership information, contact Barbara Plocharczyk at 239.398.9468 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latchkey League members are encouraged to volunteer their talents and interests in a number of ways:
- Serve on a committee (parties, hospitality, financial, marketing, communications, membership, etc.)
- Host a Latchkey Party for 25-50 people in your home or private club (both tax-deductible and rewarding)
- Assist at a Latchkey Party
- Mentor/tutor at The Salvation Army’s Fran Cohen Youth Center
Your generosity can make a major impact in the lives of some 10,300+ school children who come home to an empty house every day. You may make your tax-deductible donation in one of the following ways:
- Checks (payable to the Latchkey League, Inc.) at P.O. Box 413005 #221, Naples, FL 34101-3005
- In-kind Donations to our Latchkey League parties and silent auctions
- Bequests* (designating Latchkey League as a beneficiary of your Trust, Will, IRA, retirement or insurance plan)
* Please consult your financial, tax or legal advisor regarding donation specifics.